After a violent attack or threat, the affected persons' everyday life is abruptly turned upside down. Frequently, they are hurt, frightened or angry and have the experience of impotence and inequality. Which kind of support is needed and which steps can be taken?
We are counselling
- persons affected by right-wing, racist and anti-Semitic violence,
- their relatives and friends,
We are providing
- counselling and emotional support
- decision-making support regarding the next steps
- advice on legal options
- escort to authorities, police and court
- connections to therapeutical and medical support
- advice regarding financial support (e.g. legal aid, compensation payments)
The focus of our work is on the affected persons' perspective. Our counselling is confidential, partisan and free. We are working independently from public authorities and – by request – anonymously. If necessary, we counsel in various languages and provide interpreters. Empower is a project of Arbeit und Leben Hamburg.
Within the framework of the federal program "Live democracy!", it is sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth as well as by the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.